Benefits to Owning a Home
Pride of Ownership
Unlike renting, your monthly payments will not go to a landlord, but towards the ultimate ownership of your home.
Long-term home ownership provides financial security for retirement through the growth of equity and the ability to live
rent-free once you own your home free and clear.
- Historically, the average value of a home appreciates yearly, meaning your home value increases
with each passing year.
- You may be able to benefit from the ability to sell your home for a profit if you decide to move.
Rental rates fluctuate far more often than mortgage interest rates, which make owning your home a more secure option in
terms of future pricing.
- You can deduct home mortgage interest on the first $750,000 ($375,000 if married filing separately) of your mortgage
balance. The deduction only applies if your mortgage was to buy, build or substantially improve your home.
- State and Local Property taxes that you paid (up to $10,000) are tax deductible.
- You must elect to itemize your taxes to claim these deductions.
- This is a major tax advantage for home owners that renters do not receive.
- If you sell your primary home, you may exclude the profit on your home from your federal taxable income (gains).
- The exclusion is limited to $250,000 for individual taxpayers or $500,000 if married filing jointly.
- Consult a tax professional for further details as certain exclusions and eligibility requirements apply.
NMLS# 1585560 • FL
5462 Village Drive
Rockledge, FL 32955
Kim Tillett | One Sotheby’s International
301 Ocean Ave
Melbourne, FL 32951
Caliber Home Loans and any above mentioned companies are not affiliated. Caliber Home Loans, Inc., 1525 S. Belt Line Rd, Coppell, TX 75019. NMLS ID#15622 (http://www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org/EntityDetails.aspx/COMPANY/15622). 1-800-401-6587. Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved. Equal Housing Lender. This is not an offer to enter into an agreement. Not all customers will qualify. Information, rates, and programs are subject to change without prior notice. All products are subject to credit and property approval. Not all products are available in all states or for all dollar amounts. If you are refinancing your existing loan, your total finance charges may be higher over the life of the loan. Other restrictions and limitations apply. (12970)
Why Client Service is Important to Us
Buying or selling a home can be a daunting task. It is one of the most personal and important decisions you'll make in your lifetime. Since it can be stressful, you want to ensure you have someone on your side who knows what they're doing. That's where our realtors...
Is Now a Good Time to Buy a Home?
The real estate market has been on the rise for the past few years. Home prices have been increasing, and more people are investing in property. However, recently, interest rates have begun to climb as well. So, is this still a good time to invest in real estate? We...
Homestead Exemptions in Florida
If you're a homeowner in Florida, there are several types of homestead exemptions that can be claimed on a property that could potentially save you big money. As every homeowner quickly learns, every penny counts! Homestead exemptions are pain-free ways to potentially...
FIVE Benefits of Living on the Space Coast
Florida’s Space Coast is so much more than a beautiful vacation destination! It’s no coincidence it’s ranked the #1 place to live in Florida by the U.S. News & World Report, and why it’s continually praised for having a strong quality of life for those who call it...
Rocket Launches on the Space Coast
The growing list of reasons to visit the beautifully unique Space Coast in Central Florida are enough to convince any vacation enthusiast to start planning a trip! With 72 miles of gorgeous coastline to enjoy, a plethora of world-class golf courses scattered...
Staging a Home for Sale
What is Home Staging? A well-decorated home is a priority for many homeowners, but there’s a big difference between a beautifully decorated living room and one that is well-staged. For the purposes of selling a home for the highest and best offer available, excellent...